“A gripping historical thriller”
Allan Hunter – Daily Express
From Roland Emmerich Comes the Acclaimed Tale of Political Intrigue, Illicit Romance and Shakespearean Conspiracy Starring Rhys Ifans, Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson
The truth is the greatest tragedy of all
Intrigue Takes Centre Stage March 5th on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital Download
Special Features Include Who Is The Real William Shakespeare? and More!
From Roland Emmerich, director of the global smash hit 2012, comes the acclaimed thriller ANONYMOUS, taking centre stage on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital Download on March 5 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. For centuries, great minds have questioned the true authorship of Shakespeare’s plays. Now, movie fans can uncover the secret with one intriguing possible answer in this highly entertaining new film filled with political intrigue and illicit romance. Rhys Ifans (upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man, Notting Hill) stars alongside Academy Award® winner Vanessa Redgrave (Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Julia, 1977), Joely Richardson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, TV’s “The Tudors”), David Thewlis (Harry Potter series, War Horse) and Jamie Campbell Bower (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, TV’s “Camelot). Hailed by critics ANONYMOUS arrives on Blu-ray™ and DVD packed with exciting bonus features that take viewers behind the curtain of this provocative film, including commentary with director Roland Emmerich and writer John Orloff and the making-of featurette “Who Is The Real William Shakespeare?”. Exclusively available on the Blu-ray™ version are the additional behind-the-scenes featurettes “More Than Special Effects” and “Speak The Speech”.
Prepare yourself for action and intrigue in this tense thriller from Roland Emmerich (2012, The Day After Tomorrow). Set in the tumultuous political snake-pit of the Elizabethan court, where greedy nobles vie for power and illicit romance goes hand in hand with cloak-and-dagger diplomacy, a secret of historic proportions is about to be revealed. Against the backdrop of the succession of Queen Elizabeth I, and the Essex Rebellion against her, the question of whether Shakespeare wrote his plays will rock England to its very core. The drama has played out but the battle has only just begun…
ANONYMOUS was written by John Orloff (Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, A Mighty Heart). It was produced by Roland Emmerich, Larry Franco (2012, Batman Begins) and Robert Leger (Trade). Executive producers are Volker Engel (2012), Marc Weigert (2012) and John Orloff. ANONYMOUS has a run time of 130 minutes on Blu-ray™ and 125 minutes on DVD and has been rated 12.
Blu-ray™ and DVD Bonus Material
Commentary with Director Roland Emmerich and Writer John Orloff
Who Is The Real William Shakespeare?
Blu-ray™ Exclusive Bonus Material
More Than Special Effects
Speak The Speech…
Anonymous PS3 Wallpaper/Theme
Return to the DVD News Menu
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
“...a razor-sharp thriller from a master of the craft. Unmissable.” * * * *
Alex Zane – The Sun
“...a scintillating masterpiece that holds you in a vice-like grip for every frame...” * * * * *
Nominated for Five Academy Awards® Including Best Actress And Starring Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Robin Wright, Stellan Skarsgård, Christopher Plummer and Joely Richardson
Available on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital Download April 23
Based on the International Best-Selling Novel and Loaded With More Than Four Hours of Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Commentary
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – the gripping, hard-edged thriller based on the first of Stieg Larsson’s suspenseful and spell-binding “Millennium” trilogy – arrives on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital Download on April 23. This highly anticipated motion picture from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment brings together an all-star ensemble cast led by Daniel Craig (James Bond franchise), Rooney Mara (The Social Network), Golden Globe® nominee Robin Wright (1994, Best Actress, Forrest Gump), Stellan Skarsgård (Thor), Golden Globe® winner Christopher Plummer (2012, Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role, Beginners) and Joely Richardson (TV’s “Nip/Tuck”).
Earning $200 million in box office worldwide, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo has received five Academy Award® nominations including Actress in a Leading Role (Rooney Mara), Cinematography, Film Editing, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing. The film adaptation was directed by David Fincher with screenplay by Academy Award® winner Steven Zaillian (2002, Writing (Original), Gangs of New York) who executive produced along with Mikael Wallen and Anni Faurbye Fernandez (both Headhunters). Original music is by Academy Award® winners Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (2011, Best Original Score, The Social Network). The two-disc Blu-ray™ includes nearly four hours of special features.
Disgraced journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Craig) accepts an invitation to surreptitiously investigate a forty year old unsolved murder on behalf of the victim’s uncle, Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger (Plummer). Meanwhile, tattooed hacker Lisbeth Salander (Mara), hired to investigate Blomkvist, discovers the truth behind the conspiracy that led to his fall from grace. Thrown together by fate, the unlikely duo uncovers a secret history of murder and sexual abuse festering beneath the veneer of Sweden’s industrial past, all the while drawing close to a quiet evil waiting to engulf them both.
Blu-ray™ and DVD Include:
Commentary by Director David Fincher
Exclusive to the Two-Disc Blu-ray™:
Dig deep inside the Vanger Archives with nearly FOUR HOURS of immersive, behind-the-scenes footage including interviews and more:
- Commentary by Director David Fincher
- Vangar Archives:
- Men Who Hate Women
- Salander, Lisbeth- Casting Salander, Different in Every Way, The Look of Salander, Mara/Fincher, Irene Nesser, Salander Test Footage
- Blomkvist, Mikael - Casting Blomkvist, Daniel Craig on Film Acting, Dressing Blomkvist, Investigation (stills) photogallery,
- Vanger, Martin- Stellan Skarsgård on Film Acting, Psychopathy, Bondage, Torture, Wrapped In Plastic, Set Design(stills)
- On Location
- Sweden- Stockholm Syndrome, Stockholms Tunnelbana, Fuck These People, The End, Picture Wrap
- Hollywood- Casting Armansky, Armansky Audition, Thinking Evil Shit, Rape/Revenge, Int. Blomkvist’s Cottage, Int. Martin’s House, Int. Salander’s Apartment
- Post Production
- In The Cutting Room
- Main Titles (Multi-Angle) With Commentary by Tim Miller of BLUR Studio
- Visual Effects Montage
- Promotion – Theatrical trailers, TV spots, one sheet
- Hard Copy- Commentary with Director David Prior
ACADEMY AWARD® WINNER STEVEN SPIELBERG’S ICONIC SUMMER CLASSIC COMES TO BLU-RAY™ FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, DIGITALLY REMASTERED & FULLY RESTORED
IN HONOUR OF UNIVERSAL’S 100TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
ON 3RD SEPTEMBER 2012 OWN THE BLU-RAY™ WITH DIGITAL COPY AND ULTRAVIOLET™
PLUS OVER 4 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES INCLUDING TWO NEW BONUS FEATURES “THE SHARK IS STILL WORKING” AND “JAWS: THE RESTORATION”.
JAWS – the landmark motion picture that still makes audiences afraid to go in the water – comes to Blu-ray™ for the first time ever on 3rd September 2012. Featuring an all-new, digitally remastered and fully restored picture, as well as 7.1 surround sound, the JAWS Blu-ray™ with Digital Copy and UltraViolet™ gives fans the ultimate way to watch the breathtaking and terrifying action-thriller.
One of the most influential motion pictures of all time and nominated for a Best Picture Academy Award®, JAWS stars Oscar® winner Richard Dreyfuss and Oscar® nominees Roy Scheider and Robert Shaw. Produced by legendary filmmakers Richard D. Zanuck and David Brown, the film earned an Oscar® for composer John Williams’ instantly recognisable minimalist score, as well as Oscars® for Best Editing and Best Sound. When it was first released in 1975, JAWS smashed box-office records and became the highest-grossing film of its era, earning Spielberg a reputation as a Hollywood visionary. Today, it remains one of the highest-grossing films in motion-picture history and is largely considered the film that launched the summer blockbuster.
JAWS is one of 13 classic Universal films to be digitally remastered and fully restored from 35mm original film elements as part of Universal’s on-going 100th Anniversary celebration. The JAWS restoration began with researching and evaluating the existing film elements to determine the best means to restore the film. Over the course of several months, skilled technicians at Universal Studios Digital Services meticulously balanced colour, removed dirt and scratches, and repaired any damage to the film elements shot by shot and frame by frame. Following the picture restoration, the Universal Studios Sound team up-mixed the iconic JAWS soundtrack to DTS-HD Master 7.1, optimising the sound on the Blu-ray™ for the latest home cinema technology. The entire restoration process was conducted in conjunction with Steven Spielberg and Amblin Entertainment’s post-production team to ensure the integrity of Spielberg’s original vision remained intact.
“JAWS holds a unique place, not just in Universal Pictures’ history, but in global pop culture,” said Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. “It is only fitting that this phenomenal film should be given the extensive restoration needed to ensure that long-time fans as well as newcomers can enjoy this unforgettable cinematic achievement for generations to come.”
The JAWS Blu-ray™ is also available in limited edition steelbook packaging and also contains a Digital Copy of the film for a limited time, compatible with iTunes®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™ touch, Android or online retail partners, as well as an UltraViolet™ copy. UltraViolet is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
Universal Pictures celebrate their 100th Anniversary in 2012
Blu-ray™ Bonus Features:
- The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: A feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
- pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Centre through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
Directed by Academy Award® winner Steven Spielberg, Jaws set the standard for edge-of-your seat suspense quickly becoming a cultural phenomenon and forever changing the movie industry. When the seaside community of Amity finds itself under attack by a dangerous great white shark, the town’s chief of police (Roy Scheider), a young marine biologist (Richard Dreyfuss) and a grizzled shark hunter (Robert Shaw) embark on a desperate quest to destroy the beast before it strikes again. Featuring an unforgettable score that evokes pure terror, Jaws remains one of the most influential and gripping adventures in motion picture history.
Return to the DVD News Menu
SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS
“The action is spectacular, and the scale touches on epic”
- The Sun -
“It’s fast, furious and easy-to-enjoy action-packed entertainment”
- Daily Star -
ON BLU-RAY™ TRIPLE PLAY, DVD AND DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
FROM 14TH MAY
Sherlock Holmes has always been the smartest man in the room… until now. Join the legendary detective in an action-packed mystery when “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” arrives onto Blu-ray Triple Play, DVD and Digital Download on 14th May.
Filmmaker Guy Ritchie (“Sherlock Holmes”) returns to direct “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,” which stars two-time Academy Award® nominees Robert Downey Jr. (“Iron Man” films) and Jude Law (“Contagion”) along with Rachel McAdams (“The Notebook”), Kelly Reilly (“Sherlock Holmes”), Eddie Marsan (“War Horse”), Geraldine James (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”), Jared Harris (TV’s “Mad Men”), Stephen Fry (“Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”), and Noomi Rapace (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”).
The Blu-ray Triple Play and the DVD include an UltraViolet Digital Copy of the standard definition version of the film, which allows consumers to download the film to a PC or Mac plus instantly stream it from a digital cloud to many computers, tablets or smart phones.
Also available is the free “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” Movie App for IOS 4.2 or higher compatible devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The app syncs with the Blu-ray disc to provide enhanced content and interactive features and allows users to switch between filmmaker video interviews and production photos for interactive breakdown of the action-packed scenes. In addition, the app controls playback of the film on your TV via the Blu-ray player and lets viewers jump to any point in the film using the Full Report feature. The “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” Movie App will be available through the Apple iTunes store on 31st May.
“Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” will be available on Blu-ray Triple Play, featuring a hi-definition, a standard definition and a digital copy of the film.
Around the globe, headlines break the news: a scandal takes down an Indian cotton tycoon; a Chinese opium trader dies of an apparent overdose; bombings in Strasbourg and Vienna; the death of an American steel magnate... no one sees the connective thread between these seemingly random events—no one, that is, except the great Sherlock Holmes, who has discerned a deliberate web of death and destruction. At its center sits a singularly sinister spider: Moriarty.
Holmes’ investigation into Moriarty’s plot becomes more dangerous as it leads him and Watson out of London to France, Germany and finally Switzerland. But the cunning Moriarty is always one step ahead, and moving perilously close to completing his ominous plan. If he succeeds, it will not only bring him immense wealth and power but alter the course of history.
BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Blu-ray Triple Play contains the following special features:
- Maximum Movie Mode: Inside the Mind of Sherlock Holmes - Hosted by Robert Downey, Jr. (TRT: 130:00) Including:
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: A Perfect Chemistry
- Holmes Without Borders
- Moriarty's Master Plan Unleashed
- Holmes-a-vision on Steroids
- Sherlock Holmes: Under the Gypsy Spell
- Meet Mycroft Holmes
- Guy Ritchie's Well-Oiled Machine
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows DVD contains the following special features:
- Focus Points:
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: A Perfect Chemistry
- Moriarty's Master Plan Unleashed
- Holmes-a-vision on Steroids